June Event - UX & Agile, Together at Last
Hosted By: IxDA Chicago
On June 10th, 2009, IxDA Chicago along with ThoughtWorks Inc. are hosting a panel discussion on the success stories and the hurdles traversed in integrating User Experience Design witih the Agile Software Develpoment process.
What is UX?
Chances are you have your own opinions about what is User Experience and Interaction Design. This is well covered territory.
What is Agile?
Slightly less well known within UX circles is the collection of software development methods that make up the Agile process. In short, it's summarized as:
- iterative development (start small; add, add, and then add some more)
- self-organizing groups (need something from the designer, walk over and talk to him/her)
- cross-functional teams (everyone working together)
Or, as outlined within the "Agile Manifesto":
- Individuals and interactions -- over processes and tools
- Working software -- over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration -- over contract negotiation
- Responding to change -- over following a plan
Putting UX and Agile together?
Things move pretty fast on an Agile project; how can user testing and audience research be included in such an environment? Is Agile something that would work for your workplace or an upcoming project?
To learn the answers, attend the panel discussion.
Date & Time:
Wednesday, June 10 at 6:30 PM
200 E Randolph Street