Premium Sites Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Unless otherwise specified, all actions related to an existing premium site MUST be done from the premium site itself, NOT from the main Anyvite.com website. If you do not remember the URL to your premium site, contact us.
- How does the 15 day free trial work?
- Can I change plans at any time?
- Do I have to sign a long term contract?
- Are there signup fees? Termination fees? Any hidden fees we should know about?
- Can I pay for a year in advance? Do you accept purchase orders or payment by check?
- How do I cancel my account?
- Do you provide phone support?
- Can you customize my premium site for me?
- What if I have a question that isn't answered in this FAQ?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How do I change my credit card?
- How does your refund policy work?
- How do I upgrade or downgrade?
- Why can't I downgrade my account? On the change billing plan screen it only allows me to upgrade.
- If I upgrade will I be billed twice this month? If I downgrade will I be prorated?
- What options do I have for customizing my site?
- How can I change my site URL?
- How do I set up my own custom domain name?
- Can I install an Anyvite Premium Site on my own server?
- Can I have multiple site admins?
- What types of users can I add to my site?
- Can I add Google Analytics code to my site?
- Can I restrict the location of created invitations?
How does the 15 day free trial work?
If you cancel a plan within 15 days of signing up you won't be charged a thing. If you decide to cancel your plan after the 15 days are up, you will be charged for the first month of the plan, but then never charged again. During the 15 day period, you will have full capabilities to configure and customize the site, as well as create and send out invitations.Back to top
Can I change plans at any time?
If you are not currently in the free trial period of your plan, then Yes. Simply click the billing tab within your site and choose the plan level that you would like to switch to.
Unfortunately, if you're still within the 15 day free trial period, our billing system prevents you from changing your plan. If you'd still like to, please contact us and we can do it for you on our side.Back to top
Do I have to sign a long term contract?
No. Anyvite Premium Sites are month to month only. You can cancel at any time, but you will be charged for the entire time period that you cancel in, and then never charged again.Back to top
Are there signup fees? Termination fees? Any hidden fees we should know about?
There are no additional signup, termination, or hidden fees whatsoever.Back to top
Can I pay for a year in advance? Do you accept purchase orders or payment by check?
At this time, we can only accept payments for individual site subscriptions on a monthly basis using a credit card, and are unable to accept purchase orders, checks, or pay for an entire year in advance.
Please contact us for special arrangements for bulk orders of multiple sites or our unlimited monthly plan.Back to top
How do I cancel my account?
Simply login as a user with administrator or billing rights, navigate to the "Site Admin" tab, and then choose "Billing". There is a button on that page for canceling your service. Canceling your service results in a cancellation of your auto-pay service so that you are never billed again, and removal of your site at the end of the current billing period.
If you have active events when you cancel your plan, then you will lose all access to them when your site's billing period runs out and your site is removed.Back to top
Do you provide phone support?
Unfortunately, at this time we do not provide phone support. If for some reason you can't find the answer you're looking for in this FAQ or in the user guide, then please contact us with your question and we'll help you ASAP.Back to top
Can you customize my premium site for me?
We offer an additional premium service for initial site customization. Please contact us for a quote.Back to top
What if I have a question that is not answered in this FAQ?
Please contact us with any additional questions you may have.Back to top
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard. We don't currently support Paypal or Google Checkout. We only are able to take payments online, so are not able to accept purchase orders, phone orders or invoice you for services.Back to top
How do I change my credit card?
Once you've gone through the signup process and created your site, simply login as a user with administrator or billing rights, navigate to the "Site Admin" tab, and then choose "Billing". There is a button on that page for updating your billing information. Simply click that and you'll be presented with the opportunity to update your credit card information.Back to top
How does your refund policy work?
We do not offer refunds for paid services. If you cancel during the free trial, then you'll never be billed. If you cancel after the free trial, then your account will remain active until the end of that billing period, and then removed.Back to top
How do I upgrade or downgrade?
Once you've gone through the signup process and created your site, simply login as a user with administrator or billing rights, navigate to the "Site Admin" tab, and then choose "Billing". There is a link in the plan box on that page for changing subscription. Simply click that and you'll be presented with the opportunity to upgrade or downgrade your plan.Back to top
Why can't I downgrade my account? On the change billing plan screen it only allows me to upgrade.
If you have more active events or a guest list that's too large than the plan you're trying to downgrade to, then the system will not allow that. Once enough events are completed or canceled so that your total count of events and guest list size is below the lower plan's threshold, then you will be able to downgrade your account.Back to top
If I upgrade will I be billed twice this month? If I downgrade will I be prorated?
If you upgrade plans, then you will pay the prorated difference at the time of upgrade and your monthly recurring payments will continue as scheduled. If you downgrade plans, then you will receive a credit for the prorated difference, which will be taken into account at your next monthly billing.Back to top
What options do I have for customizing my site?
New site owners have complete control over how their site looks and feels via full CSS customization. In addition, Anyvite provides base site templates for you to use, or build off of, as well as the ability to control base colors and backgrounds of your site.Back to top
How can I change my site URL?
You can change your site URL at any time by navigating to the "Site Admin" tab of your site, and then the "Site Info" section. There you can update your Anyvite subdomain or your custom domain at any point. Note: If you have active events when you change your site URL, the existing invitation links will be broken and your guests won't be able to access existing invitations!Back to top
How do I set up my own custom domain name?
To add your invitation site as a subdomain to an existing domain that you own, follow these steps:
First, access the DNS settings for your domain name. We'll use the popular registrar GoDaddy in our example. Login to GoDaddy and select the domain name that you'd like to add the subdomain to. On the domain information page, click on the link titled "Total DNS Control", as shown below.
On the resulting page, click the "Add New CNAME Record" button to add a new CNAME record. Enter the subdomain that you'd like to use and have it point to "anyvite.com". For example, if you wanted to setup "invitations.example.com", then you would enter "invitations" into the Alias Name field, as shown below.
- Now repeat the previous step and add another CNAME record, but this time, prepend an "m." to the subdomain. So, based on the previous example, you would add "m.invitations" as the second CNAME record. This will allow users who are visiting your site on a mobile device to have access via the mobile interface to your site.
- Save these settings and exit GoDaddy. It will take time to propagate out, so wait at least an hour and then try adding your domain/subdomain to the "Site Info" section within the "Site Admin" tab of your Anyvite Premium Site. The system automatically checks to see that it is configured correctly when you save, so if it successfully saves, then you're done. If not, wait a bit longer and try again. If still unsuccessful, please contact us for assistance.
* If you're trying to add your premium site as a base domain, please contact us for additional instructions.Back to top
Can I install an Anyvite Premium Site on my own server?
Anyvite premium sites are a hosted solution only at this point, which means that you are not able to install them on your own server. Ultimately, this is a better solution for you as your site will always have the newest code releases, 24x7 server maintenance and support from the Anyvite team.Back to top
Can I have multiple site admins?
Yes, you can add additional users to your site and set them as site admins by going to the "Site Admin" tab, and then the "Site Users" section. There you should be able to add in additional site admins.Back to top
What types of users can I add to my site?
You can add the following user types to your site:
- Member - Can create events on private site. No access to site admin controls.
- Billing - Access to only the site billing section
- Settings - Access to everything except site billing
- Admin - Access to everything
Can I add Google Analytics code to my site?
Yes. Simply add your site to Google Analytics, and then navigate to the "Site Admin" tab, and then "Site Info" section. Add your Google Analytics ID to the "Tracking" box on that page, save it, and you should be all set.Back to top
Can I restrict the location of created invitations?
Yes. You can restrict the location field for every invitation created on your site to a specific address by navigating to the "Site Admin" tab, and then the "Site Options" section. The last option on that page is for restricting the location field, so just click the checkbox, fill in the applicable information, and save the page.Back to top
What are active events?
Anyvite defines active events as "events which have been created and sent to 3 or more guests". This allows event hosts to test out the system by creating an invitation and sending it to a friend or two without being penalized. When an event has concluded, it is no longer counted as an "active event" and is deducted from your current running total of events.Back to top
What happens when my invitation reaches the maximum guest limit?
When an invitation reaches the maximum guest limit, it locks down and does not allow any more guests to either be invited, or if it's a public event, to sign themselves up. Guests can either be removed from the invitation to free up space, or the guest list cap can be increased by upgrading your plan.Back to top
What are invitation themes?
Invitation themes are designs that other guests can use to customize their invitation. Anyvite provides hundreds of default themes for common holidays and event types which you are welcome to take advantage of. In addition, you are able to create your own invitation themes for use on your site.Back to top
How do I create a theme?
Follow these simple steps to create a theme from an existing invitation:
- Create an invitation and make it look exactly like you want the theme to look. (Note: You don't have to publish the invitation or invite any guests)
- Next, navigate to the "Site Admin" tab, then the "Invitation Themes" section, and finally click the Add a New Theme link.
- From there, select the invitation that you just created, and then follow the 3 step process to publish it.
* As soon as you give your theme a name, it is no longer attached to your event. So, for example, if you give it a name, add categories, and finally publish the theme, but then go back to the invitation and make a change, those changes will not affect the published theme.Back to top
How many can I create?
You can create an unlimited number of themes for your premium site.Back to top
How much customization can I do for each theme?
At a base level, you are able to customize each theme with a main picture, wallpaper and color scheme. Expert users are able to further customize invitation themes using the advanced and expert customization features, which allow for full CSS customization and tweaking the look and feel of individual elements on the page.Back to top